Sunday 9 March 2014

Chancing my hand

Well, I'm pretty sure last night's catch (ten individuals, spectacular by our standards so far this year) had several new species in it - to add to the Chestnut, Pale Brindled Beauty and Common Quaker from last month which I was too busy to report. I'm pretty sure the following photos are Clouded Drab and Small Quaker:

Presumed Clouded Drab, 8/3/14

Presumed Small Quaker, 8/3/14
And I'm pretty sure this is an Agonopterix ocellana, found on a window in our kitchen yesterday evening:

Presumed Agonopterix ocellana, 8/3/14
Assuming those three are all correct, and along with the Brimstone, Small Tortoiseshell and Peacock butterflies in our garden this lovely sunny Sunday, that brings us to a total of eleven species this year (eight moths, three butterflies) - which isn't much, but is eleven more than we had this time last year...


No comments:

Post a Comment