Friday 2 August 2013

I smell two tons!

Super busy times! Which accounts for the delay in posting since I got to the seemingly feeble ton and a half mark! On the upside I've done some real damage towards 200 and had some raw crackers along the way! 

Here is a numerical update for your delight and pleasure, you will note a spike in recorded mircos towards the end of the below... this is because my father bought me the BIBLE! Don't call it a fight back - but I am fighting back. I am coming for you Les!

146. Lesser Broad-bordered Yellow Underwing
147. Ruby Tiger
148. Phlyctaenia coronata (Elder Pearl)
149. Blastobasis adustella (Dingy Dowd)
150. Buff Footman
151. July Highflyer
152. Small Rivulet
153. Varied Coronet
154. Scalloped Oak
155. Dun-bar
156. Carcina quercana
157. Cydia pomonella (Codling Moth)
158. Oegoconia quadripuncta (Four-spotted Obscure)
159. Pyrausta aurata
160. Catoptria falsella (Chequered Grass-veneer)
161. Nut-tree Tussock
162. Agriphila straminella
163. Bryotropha senectella
164. Celypha striana
165. Cabbage Moth
166. Willow Ermine (Yponomeuta rorrella)
167. White-spotted Pug
168. Horse-chestnut Leaf Minor (Cameraria ohridella)
169. Argyresthia pruniella (Cherry Fruit Moth)
170. Broad-bordered Yellow Underwing
171. Assara terebrella (Dark Spruce Knot-horn)
172. Small Waved Umber 

As ever I include some pics for your consideration: 


Small Rivulet

Elder Pearl 

Small Waved Umber

Brown Plume - Elveden, not the garden 

Meal Moth - again not my garden, but at work! 

Willow Ermine 

White Spotted Pug
I'd welcome fellow garden moth'ers advice on the following three micros. The first is particularly distinctive - but just couldn't clinch it! 




You all rule! Happy weekend and happy moth'ing!

4 comments:

  1. Jonny, for future ref - if you can get side on shots of your mystery micros that would make things a little easier!

    Your firs un id'd micro appears to be an acrobasis sp (perhaps advenella), though I'm far from certain!

    I would suggest Eudonia mercurella for your second!

    HTH
    T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jonny, a quick look. the top micro is Euzophera pinguis and your pug is not White-spotted but Currant. I agree with eudonia mercurella. I think the last is a worn Oegoconia, probably deauratella but I wont name this triplet of species without dissection especially if worn. However the markings do not seem strong enough for either of the other two.
    Regards
    Andy B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jonny, a quick look. the top micro is Euzophera pinguis and your pug is not White-spotted but Currant. I agree with eudonia mercurella. I think the last is a worn Oegoconia, probably deauratella but I wont name this triplet of species without dissection especially if worn. However the markings do not seem strong enough for either of the other two.
    Regards
    Andy B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks both for the comments :)

    Tris I will try to get side shots in the future and Andy many thanks for the I.D.s.

    Cheers,

    Jonny

    ReplyDelete