Monday 15 July 2013

A few micros!

At the start of the Garden Moth Challenge, I think the only micros I could identify were the Small Magpie and the Mother of Pearl - i.e. the big ones!

A little bit of friendly competition is a powerful motivator, and I have been dipping a tentative toe into the icy waters of micro identification. Below are a few pictures, some of which have had their identity generously confirmed by my fellow competitors - thank you to them! Any ID errors are, of course, my own - I hope I am right, or I will be taking numbers off my total!

   Barred Fruit-tree Tortrix

Bramble-shoot Moth

Epiblema/Notocelia rosaecolana

Hedya nubiferana (Marbled Orchard Tortrix)

Hedya ochroleucana

Large Fruit-tree Tortrix

Well, there's my tentative foray into the world of micros - it's been rather fun!

Keep trapping...

Cheryl

1 comment:

  1. I find the micro ids really hard too and have only started attempting them recently - thanks for posting these, turns out I also have a marbled orchard tortrix and now know what he is!

    ReplyDelete