Tuesday 7 May 2013

Steady away in Suffolk...


Hi all,


Jonny here again - steady progress since my last post and as per other Garden Moth'ers I've enjoyed the upturn of butts and moths on the wing with the improved weather... so here it is my updated list and a few pics of the faves encountered!

17. Yellow-barred Brindle 
18. Chinese Character
19. Many-plumed Moth
20. Pale Pinion
21. Mompha subbistrigella
22. Argyrotaenia ljungiana

Yellow-barred Brindle
Chinese Character 
Many-plumed Moth
Argyrotaenia ljungiana (Heather Tortrix)
Pale Pinion
Mompha subbstrigella (Garden Cosmet)

Also, in the garden and was this Elephant Hawk Moth chrysalis - I only noticed it as it on accident as it wriggled in the strong sun yesterday. I moved it into the shade but sadly it has been predated since! 




Totally outside of the garden but possibly of interest I found this Least Black Arches whilst using the conveniences in the White Horse Overstrand on Sunday! What a cracking wee moth.


No comments:

Post a Comment