Wednesday 8 May 2013

Greetings from Lincolnshire

Hello to one and all,

Just to introduce myself, I'm Chris (@BirderChris if you are on Twitter). The latest hopeful to enter the fray. Though in my case, more in hope than expectation as I am fighting under the dual handicap of
a) Not knowing much and...
b) Having a garden in a pretty rubbish area!

Or should that be two gardens? You see, my work office has a garden *and* a moth trap. So I will be entering two sets of records. One from there and one from my home garden. Sounds unfair? Ah, but I am out in the agricultural desert that is the Lincolnshire fens. Nothing but wall-to-wall arable fields. Except at work, where just down the road from the office is my real place of work, RSPB Frampton Marsh. But as far as I can gather, saltmarsh is great for birds but pretty rubbish for moths. So that won't exactly help much.

Anyway, my home list has yet to be started as I have been in the process of moving house and so my own trap has been packed away. Hopefully get it up and running before too long. The office list on the other hand stands at the heady heights of.... seven. See, told you it was pretty dire!

As for nice pretty pictures, here is a hebrew character...



And Agonopterix arenella, or the brindled flat-body if you prefer


As well as on this blog, there is a good chance office moths will get posted on the blog at the reserve homepage. Happy mothing everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment