Tuesday 21 May 2013

Am I Late?

Hello fellow challengers!

Sorry I'm late but luckily I spotted the hashtag for the challenge on twitter and decided to enquire.

I am based in Shrewsbury, Shropshire and started trapping moths seriously about 2 years ago. I am still very much learning.

My garden is urban but is on an estate with many diverse gardens and parkland nearby. Also nearby I have a stream, allotments, an old river bed and a railway sidings. I strongly believe all of these help contribute to my catches at some point during the year.

Due to me not wishing to annoy neighbours I only use an actinic black light with a skinner trap. 

My best moths since I started are Small Ranunculus and White Line Dart.

My biggest disappointment is I am yet to catch any hawkmoths!

If any of you are based in Shropshire (or even just interested) I run a facebook group called "Shropshire Moths" which you can ask to join if you wish.

Let catching commence! (well judging by your totals I have a lot  to do)

Cheers

Richard Vernon.

No comments:

Post a Comment