Tuesday 30 April 2013

Sea Mist Moths

Hi I'm @debbyseamist. I am retired,originally from Tampa Florida, now living in Southwell, Portland. We moved here 15 years ago for the birds and haven't been disappointed! I became interested in moths through the Portland Bird Observatory and have been running an MV trap for four years. I have recorded all moths trapped, but having only been on line since January, have just started entering data onto Living Record. I have joined the Dorset Moth Group and they have been very helpful. Being Portland, the moths and birds can be very interesting. I enjoy photographing moths and am becoming addicted to micros.

We have a large, wildlife-friendly garden with mostly local flowering plants such as: Alexanders, Valerian, Fennel, Bramble and Ivy. We leave some to just grow whatever comes up. There's lots of Sycamore, various small trees and several apple trees.

I look forward to the Garden Moth Challenge and to sharing our moths with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment